When Lonza and Arch Chemicals, Inc. joined forces in late 2011 we created the world’s leading Microbial Control business. Now, together, we’re delivering innovative and advanced microbial-control solutions to our customers. Not only will we continue to meet our customer and market needs, we are in a stronger position to offer more products and services to both. The following five Lonza Microbial Control benefits represent our progress:
1. Reliability: A Global Leader
Lonza Microbial Control is the global leader in microbial control with the broadest portfolio of active ingredients and registered formulated products. We have market-leadership positions in water treatment, materials protection, hygiene, personal care and wood treatment with strong offerings in performance products. We offer unmatched expertise in navigating the complex global regulatory environments.
2. Sustainability: Supporting the Environment and Customers’ Products
- Lonza is committed to being a good corporate citizen and to operating in a safe and environmentally sound manner. In addition to the strong foundation created by our Environmental, Health, Safety & Security (EHS) policy and our commitment to Product Stewardship, Lonza Microbial Control is pursuing a broad Sustainability Initiative, aimed at optimizing the environmental, health and social impacts and benefits of our products and processes throughout the entire value chain.
- With our broad global regulatory expertise and world-class toxicology and analytical chemistry skills, we offer our customers solutions that contribute to the sustainability of their own products and services.
3. Infrastructure: A Strong Global Reach
Lonza Microbial Control has 26 production and R&D facilities, more than 3,000 employees, and operates in every region of the world. Wherever our customers do business, we are there.
4. Innovation: An Eye on the Future
Lonza is committed to investing in innovative solutions that meet our customers’ current and future needs. The following demonstrates that commitment:
- Our global network of R&D resources includes a new, 65,000 sq. ft. innovation and Technology center in Alpharetta, GA, USA - a $ 10 million investment.
- Additional technology and customer support facilities are located in the U.S., Brazil, the EU, Japan, Singapore, China, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand.
- We offer global formulations capabilities, which we tailor for our customers’ unique local market needs.
- We offer unmatched expertise in navigating intense global regulatory environments, supported by core competencies in microbiology, analytical chemistry and marketplace knowledge.
5. Customer-Focused: Your Needs Come First
Because we work so closely with our customers, we are able to continuously introduce new products, technical developments, and marketing innovations to meet our customers’ microbial control needs.