- Shareholders re-elected all existing members of the Board of Directors and approved the new election of Christoph Mäder
- Rolf Soiron was re-elected as Board Chairperson for another year
- 202 shareholders attended, representing 59.81% of the share capital
- A dividend of CHF 2.50 per share will be paid out as of 28 April 2016
- More than 90% of shareholders supported each of the proposed motions
Basel, Switzerland, 22 April 2016 – Today’s Annual General Meeting of Lonza Group Ltd, led by the Chairperson of the Board of Directors, Rolf Soiron, was attended by 202 shareholders. They represented 59.81% of the share capital.
The Board members standing for re-election (Rolf Soiron, Patrick Aebischer, Werner Bauer, Thomas Ebeling, Jean-Daniel Gerber, Barbara Richmond, Margot Scheltema, Juergen Steinemann and Antonio Trius) were all elected for a further term in office of one year. The shareholders elected Christoph Mäder as a new member of the Board. The Annual General Meeting also re-elected Rolf Soiron as Chairperson of the Board of Directors for a further term in office of one year, as well as the three acting members of the Nomination and Compensation Committee.
The shareholders strongly supported all other motions proposed by the Board of Directors, including among others the remuneration report and the binding votes on the compensation for the Board of Directors and the Executive Committee.
A dividend of CHF 2.50 per share, as proposed by the Board of Directors and accepted by the shareholders, will be paid out from 28 April 2016.
For further information, please see the short form minutes of the Lonza Annual General Meeting under the following link (select “Annual General Meeting 2016”).