- Shareholders elected the proposed new Board members Barbara Richmond and Juergen Steinemann
- Peter Wilden will leave the Board of Directors as announced, all other Board members re-elected
- 252 shareholders attended, representing 47.51% of the share capital
- A dividend of CHF 2.15 per share will be paid out as of 25 April 2014
- More than 90% of shareholders supported each of the proposed motions
Basel, Switzerland, 16 April 2014 – Today’s Annual General Meeting of Lonza Group Ltd, led by the Chairperson of the Board of Directors, Rolf Soiron, was attended by 252 shareholders. They represented 47.51% of the share capital.
The Board members standing for re-election (Rolf Soiron, Patrick Aebischer, Werner Bauer, Thomas Ebeling, Jean-Daniel Gerber, Margot Scheltema and Antonio Trius) were all elected for a further term in office of one year. The proposed new members, Barbara Richmond and Juergen Steinemann, were newly elected to the Board for a term in office of one year. After many years of service, Peter Wilden will leave the Board of Directors as previously announced.
The shareholders strongly supported all other motions proposed by the Board of Directors, including among others the consultative approval of the Remuneration Report, the election of the Chairperson Rolf Soiron, the election of the members of the Nomination and Compensation Committee and the revision of the Articles of Association to align them with the requirements of the Swiss Ordinance Against Excessive Compensation by Public Corporations.
A dividend of CHF 2.15 per share, as proposed by the Board of Directors and accepted by the shareholders, will be paid out on 25 April 2014.
For further information, please see the short form minutes of the Lonza Annual General Meeting under the following link (select “Annual General Meeting”).